Present day mobiles’ battery consumption rate is very high considering all the multiple functionalities that it needs support. A mobile’s basic functionality which is making and receiving calls tops the list of power consumption of the battery. The rate of consumption depends on whether the phone is in a low signal area or high signal area etc.
Apart from this, display of the phone, data services, and GPS etc. are the most common battery drainers in a smartphone. All these add up to the huge demand for power in smartphones. Now let’s try and understand how a power bank works and also review a bit about the multiple different types of power banks online available in the market.
- Top 10 Best Power Banks Online Reviews In India 2018
- # 1- Ambrane P-1111 10000mAH Power Bank (Black)
- # 2- Intex Power Bank 11000mAH (Black)
- #3- Huawei Honor AP007 13000 mAh Power Bank Charger
- # 4- Mi Power Bank 10000mAH (Silver)
- # 5- Mi 20000mAh Power Bank (White)
- # 6- Lenovo Power Bank PB410 5000mAh – Silver
- # 7- Syska Power Pro 200 20000mAH Power Bank (Black)
- # 8- Romoss 10000mAh Power Bank Li-Polymer Battery
- # 9-MTT Airpower 15i High Capacity Dual USB Output 15000 mAH Powerbank [Most Compact 15000mAh Design] (White)
- # 10-Anker PowerPort 5 (40W 5-Port USB Charging Hub) Multi-Port USB Charger for iPhone 6 / 6 Plus, iPad Air 2 / mini 3, Galaxy S6 / S6 Edge and More
- Types of Power banks:
- How do I charge a power bank?
- Best practices while using a power bank:
- Tips for determining best power bank:
- Top 10 Best Power Bank Comparision Table
Top 10 Best Power Banks Online Reviews In India 2018
Some of the best power bank price are listed below. These can definitely meet the consumer requirements. The following are given below:-
# 1- Ambrane P-1111 10000mAH Power Bank (Black)
Description: This 10000 mAH Ambrane made lithium-ion power bank is a portable charger with dual output. It can charge 2 devices simultaneously. The device comes supplied with a torch, a feature that comes handy when there is a power outage or when going out on an adventurous trip.
The LED light indicators display the power availability information. The device is capable of charging all variety of smart devices such as tablets, mobile phones etc. You can also check here more product of Ambrane P-1111 10000mAH Power Bank and read reviews Ambrane power bank 10000mah on Amazon.
|Device comes supplied with torch||Takes 6-7 hours for complete charging of the power bank|
|Ability to charge two devices simultaneously.|
# 2- Intex Power Bank 11000mAH (Black)
Description: This device from Intext comes supplied with 11000 mAh Lithium-ion battery. The 3 USB 2.0 ports allow charging multiple devices such as a smartphone, tablet etc. simultaneously. Also, Check Intex Power Bank Price on Amazon and buy now.
The unique feature of this power bank is the torch that is presently inbuilt in the device. As with any other power bank, the Intex power bank 11000mAh can be charged with the USB cable that comes part of the package.
|LED indicators to show the status of power||Lithium-ion generally have tendency of faster discharge rate|
|3 USB ports for charging multiple devices simultaneously|
|Inbuilt torch feature is unique and is very useful when there is power outage|
#3- Huawei Honor AP007 13000 mAh Power Bank Charger
Description: Looking for best power bank 13000 Mah? Huawei Power Bank is best for your phone. This power bank is easy to carry yet efficient in charging devices. Huawei Honor power bank has a large 13000 mAh capacity which lets you charge your iPhone 6 up to four times. You can also purchase Huawei Power Bank Amazon easily if you find it difficult to buy at the official website.
Brand: Huawei power bank
|high temperatures, short circuits||No cons|
|Indicators that provide power bank charge information|
# 4- Mi Power Bank 10000mAH (Silver)
Description: This amazing Mi Power bank 10000mAh is small in looks but efficient in performance. The aluminum casing is water and corrosion resistant and provides an elegant look to this power bank with its smooth surface. Check Latest Price mi power bank 10000mAh in India.
Designed in such a way that it adjusts its output power level based on the device inserted within its USB for charging, the feature makes it compatible with wide variety of devices including Samsung, apple, Mi phone etc. Mi Power bank 10000mAh is optimized to provide efficiently and optimized charging and discharging. Buy Mi Power Bank online in India.
|Device adopts to the input level of the connected device and starts charging||Expensive|
|Small but powerful with 10000 mAh capacity|
|93% conversion rate or charging and discharging efficiency|
# 5- Mi 20000mAh Power Bank (White)
Description: Mi power bank 20000mah comes supplied with Texas Instruments chip that supports rapid charging. Mi Power Bank can be completely charged within 7 hours time. At 338 gms, the power bank is lightweight compared to its peers. Compatible to charge with multiple devices, it automatically adjusts output based on the device connected.
The inbuilt chips are not only safe but efficient in charging and discharging. Made out of non-toxic TPE material, the cable is non-damageable and can also be used for data transfers. You can also check here more product of Xiaomi Power Bank 20000mAh. Also, Buy mi power bank online in India on Amazon and you can check mi Power bank 20000mAh price and reviews to get a better view of different people using it in daily life.
|Powerful 20000mAH battery that can charge all the devices more than twice||Expensive|
|Nontoxic TPE made USB cable that can be used for data transfer|
# 6- Lenovo Power Bank PB410 5000mAh – Silver
Description: The surprisingly lightweight best power bank from Lenovo is a dependable device when it comes to charging consumers essential devices such as a smartphone. With its light weight and slim finish, it is easy to carry around. Though light in weight, the device is capable of charging mobile phones twice.
The LED lights indicate when it is time to charge the power bank. Has built in safety feature which prevents overcharging of smartphones or tablets.
|Small yet powerful, the power bank is capable of charging smartphones twice||Requires at least 6-7 hours to completely charge the power bank|
|Built in safety feature that prevents overcharging of devices|
|LED indicator to display the amount of charge left|
# 7- Syska Power Pro 200 20000mAH Power Bank (Black)
Description: This powerful 20000mAH power bank is packed with super power that is capable enough to charge two devices simultaneously. The precise feature keeps the charging devices safe from short circuit or overcharging. The outer rough and tough body provide enough protection to the power bank which makes it easier and convenient while going on an adventurous trip.
Polymer batteries charge faster and also retain battery for longer durations. The automatic hibernation mode helps prevent dissipation of energy when the device is not in use. With so many features, Syska is the best power bank for your mobile. You can check Syska power bank price in India.
Model: Power Pro 200
|Polymer batteries have high capacity of power retention for longer duration||Expensive|
|Automatic hibernation mode prevents dissipation of energy|
|20000mAH power is capable of providing multiple charge cycles|
# 8- Romoss 10000mAh Power Bank Li-Polymer Battery
Description: Supplied with Lithium Polymer battery, this power bank from Romoss is not only elegant in its looks but also efficient in its performance. As with any Lithium Polymer batteries, this power bank has high power retention capacity and low energy dissipation. Buy Romoss Power Bank Online In India.
Blinking LED lights indicate the capacity of power. Its advanced safety feature such as the overcharge protection adds more value to the product. High voltage protection and auto switch off after charging are two important features that are worth a mention here in best power bank.
|Powerful Lithium Polymer battery with efficient charging||Takes considerable amount of time to get completely charged|
|Safety feature that prevents overcharging and high voltage|
|Blinking LED lights to indicate the power bank charge|
# 9-MTT Airpower 15i High Capacity Dual USB Output 15000 mAH Powerbank [Most Compact 15000mAh Design] (White)
Description: This power bank from MTT comes supplied with dual USB port of 1 AMP and 2.1 AMP. The 15000mAH power bank is capable enough to provide multiple cycles of charge to smartphones and tablets. Battery indicator LED lights to provide required power bank battery information. Over current and voltage protection are added advantage to the consumer while using the best power bank.
|Compact yet powerful with 15000mAH capacity||Lacks torch|
|Dual USB ports to charge two devices simultaneously|
|LED lights to indicate battery level|
# 10-Anker PowerPort 5 (40W 5-Port USB Charging Hub) Multi-Port USB Charger for iPhone 6 / 6 Plus, iPad Air 2 / mini 3, Galaxy S6 / S6 Edge and More
Description: Anker Power bank comes supplied with powerful 5 ports that pump out 40 watts of power that is capable enough to charge 5 ipads simultaneously.
Enabled with safety system surge protection, the power bank can prevent any damage that can occur to the consumer as well as devices due to high voltage or surge in power. Anker Power Bank comes supplied with protective internal safety switch for additional safety. With so many features preloaded, this is the best power bank.
|5 ports that supply enough power||Expensive|
|Anaker power Bank has capable of simultaneously charging five devices|
|Safety surge protection|
Types of Power banks:
Universal Power bank: Coming supplied in different sizes and configuration, these power banks, based on our budget and purpose of use, can be tailored according to our need.
Solar charged power bank: Equipped with photovoltaic cells, solar charged power banks can charge the internal battery when exposed to sunlight. However, the downside with these is getting the batteries charged with sunlight is a long process. Hence, these power banks are also capable of getting charged via USB cable.
Battery phone case: These devices are narrow when it comes to device compatibility as they are made device specific. As we all are already aware that Apple has bigger acceptance rate and large market in the US. Owing to the bigger acceptance rate and larger market for Apple products in the US, these battery phone cases are more common with iPhones. Battery phone cases are made exclusively fo iPhones and hence they cannot be used to recharge the batteries of other phones.
Lithium ion vs Lithium Polymer: Power banks with Lithium-ion battery are generally cheaper and are not as efficient as Lithium Polymer when it comes to power retention. Meaning, Lithium Polymer have slower battery discharge rate when compared to Lithium-ion. Further, the Lithium Polymer batteries get charged at a faster rate when compared to the Lithium-ion power banks.
Lithium Polymer power banks also have an increased life span providing more recharge cycles than the Lithium-ion power banks that have less number of recharge cycles. There are the Nickel Cadmium and Nickel Metal Hydride batteries as well available in the market. However, they suffer from ‘memory effect’. Due to the memory effect they can hold less battery. Hence, Lithium Polymer power bank is best power bank.
mAH: An unit of electric charge mAH is the most common way to express the capacity of batteries. ‘milli-amp hour’ or ‘mill-ampere hour’ is the full form of mAH. The mAH of a battery is directly proportional to the storage of battery meaning more mAH batteries will have more storage capacity.
How do I charge a power bank?
Power banks are equipped with a USB input socket and output socket. The number of sockets may vary in some of the power banks. Power banks can be charged by plugging in the USB cable into a laptop or directly into a wall socket. It is time-consuming to charge the power bank by plugging the USB cable into a laptop.
Charging the power bank by inserting the USB cable into a wall socket will be less time-consuming. Nature of the battery is a deciding factor for the rate of charging, the power retention time and also the rate power discharge. As mentioned above, Lithium Polymer batteries are extremely efficient in power retention and also have a slow power discharge rate when compared to their peers.
The total capacity of the battery is also an important factor that effects the rate at which the power bank gets completely charged. Charging a power bank with higher capacity or mAH is usually more time consuming than charging the one with lower capacity. As mentioned in the beginning, the power source also plays a determining role in the total time at which the power bank gets charged.
Best practices while using a power bank:
- Charge the power bank completely before using it
- Do not charge the power banks in the middle. Charge them only when they are completely depleted of their power
- If the power bank is not charging even after proper connection with a smartphone or tablet, it could be because of the safety feature that is preventing to charge the device because of compatibility issue. Hence, ensure to check the safety feature before trying to recharge the device
- Do not overcharge the power bank by leaving it for charging overnight. This may be unsafe for the consumer. It could also damage the device
- Do not expose the power bank to sunlight unless it is a solar chargeable power bank
- Do not expose the power bank to exceeding temperatures
Tips for determining best power bank:
While determining the best power bank, one needs to know the various functionalities that a power bank can provide and ensure that the power bank we are going to judge is equipped with all those functionalities.
- When it comes to longevity of power bank, Lithium Polymer power banks are unbeatable as they provide number of recharge cycles
- People owning more than one electronic devices for charging should go for power banks with more mAH as more mAH translates to more power the power bank can supply
- Power bank price is but a deciding factor while purchasing power banks. The Lithium Polymer power banks are expensive when compared with Lithium-ion battery power banks. Hence, power bank price in India is also a determining factor while choosing the best power bank
- Power banks are generally used for charging devices on the move such as outing, adventurous trips and traveling or any personal or business trips. Hence, it is advisable to purchase those that are sturdy and are wear and tear resistant
- With the stiff competition in the power bank market, companies are adding new and innovative features to power banks such as a torch, data cable etc. Hence, consumer needs to take into account those additional features while making a purchase
- More USB ports translate into the ability to charge multiple devices simultaneously. Hence, one needs to go with a power bank that has more number of USB ports
- Safety features such as surge protection and high voltage protection are cardinal features that need to be taken into account while purchasing a power bank as voltage fluctuations in India are common and without these features, the device may not survive for long due to the changing voltage.
- LED indicators is another key feature that comes handy in understanding the battery level and this feature is extremely helpful while traveling. The reason is based on the LED indicator if the power bank is running low on power, it can be immediately charged
- USB cables come in varied lengths and varieties. However, USB cables that are being provided by the companies such as Mi-do not get tangled. Further, these USB cables can also be used for data transfer. This multipurpose functionality of USB cables can be a deciding factor in purchasing the best power bank
- Auto hibernation is another noticeable feature wherein the best power bank goes into hibernation mode once the device it is connected to is completely charged. This has dual benefits. One is, the charge in the power bank is saved and the second benefit is over charging of the connected device is prevented. Hence, this feature is a safety and power saving feature.
- Last but not the least is the build quality of the power bank. Power bank made of plastic is more prone to overheating than the one that is made of a different material. Hence, build quality also needs to be considered while buying a power bank.
All the above prove important in determining the best power bank.
Top 10 Best Power Bank Comparision Table
With the increased adoption of smartphones among people across ages, there is more and more demand for power banks. Especially because of the fact that the scope of functionality of smartphones is only widening. Also, the extra features such as a torch, data transfer cable etc. are only increasing the need to use best power banks. Anker is undoubtedly the best power bank with so many features loaded in it.