Are you checking for electric rice cooker online? Well! A rice cooker is a must if you are fond of eating rice, biriyani, pulao or fried rice. Almost every Indian kitchen now have an electric rice cooker in their kitchen. A rice cooker is nothing but a kitchen appliance that helps in cooking any kind of rice or steaming anything else. Do you know it is another form of a pressure cooker? You can use a rice cooker for boiling your vegetables and dal as well. More than a pressure cooker, it works like a steamer. However, choosing the best rice cooker can be a little daunting task to perform but with our guide, you can simply do that.
If you are looking for a rice cooker just for cooking rice, then a least expensive one will do that for you. You simply need to add rice and water and it will automatically turn off once the rice is done. You can also make your breakfast such as the cereals, cooking pancakes, oats, making soup etc. Surprised? Invest your money in an electric rice cooker and get complimented for finding such a wonderful kitchen appliance!
- Top 10 Best rice cooker in India
- 10. Borosil BRC18LDSS11 1.8-Liters Electric Rice Cooker and Steamer
- 9. Panasonic SRWA18GHCMB Rice Cooker
- 8. Panasonic SR-W18GH 270-Watt Automatic Cooker
- 7. Panasonic SR-3NA Electric Rice Cooker
- 6. Philips HL1663 1.8-Litre Electric Rice Cooker
- 5. Prestige Delight electric rice cooker-PRWOS
- 4. Panasonic SR-WA22H – 750 Watt Automatic Cooker Warmer
- 3. Preethi Primo RC 311 P18 Flora 1.8-Litre Rice Cooker
- 2. Panasonic SR-Y18FHS 0.9-Litre Automatic Rice Cooker
- 1. Panasonic SR-942D 10-Litre Automatic Rice Cooker
- What are the Different Types of Rice Cooker available in India?
- Things to Consider Before Buying the Best Rice Cooker:
- What are the Things to Know Before You Buy an Electric Rice Cooker?
- Some Recipes Using Electric Rice Cooker:
- Top 10 Best Rice Cooker in India Comparison Table
- My Recommendation
Top 10 Best rice cooker in India
Check these 10 best selling rice cooker in India at online stores like Amazon and Flipkart.
10. Borosil BRC18LDSS11 1.8-Liters Electric Rice Cooker and Steamer
- The Borosil BRC18LDSS11 is a very compact and uniquely built rice cooker for your regular use.
- The Borosil comes up with a preset timer and also a set of auto-cooking functions. The body is built with stainless steel to conduct the thermal heat.
- Apart from this, the electric rice cooker is enabled with the 12 hours of keep warm technology which keeps the food fresh.
- It has a non-stick inner pot that can easily steam the vegetables.
|The product is very easy to clean and to use.||The inner half of the lid is not removable.|
|The Borosil cooker comes with a 1-year warranty from the manufacturer.|
9. Panasonic SRWA18GHCMB Rice Cooker
- The Panasonic SRWA18GHCMB Rice Cooker is designed with an integrated Japanese technology that works very efficiently.
- It has a power consumption of 660 Watts that comes up with a thermostat. It is very efficient to cook Indian menus and can cook up to 1.2kg of rice.
- The rice cooker has a thermostat precision control to set various temperatures.
- The cooker has a transparent upper container so you can see the procedures.
|You can get a warranty for 2 years from the manufacturer.||The product does not have any auto timer.|
|The cooking pot is anodized and designed with aluminum.|
8. Panasonic SR-W18GH 270-Watt Automatic Cooker
- The Panasonic SR-W18GH cooker has a very affordable electric rice cooker price that you might wish to buy.
- The electric cooker has a raw capacity of 0.9 L with a warranty of 2 years from the date of purchase.
- The product consumes very less amount of electricity and can be used regularly. The body of the cooker is made up of stainless steel which keeps the food warm inside.
- The product has a separate thermostat for precision control.
|The body is very easy to clean and to maintain.||It is not sufficient for a larger family.|
|The product has auto-cut off feature for faster cooking.|
7. Panasonic SR-3NA Electric Rice Cooker
- The Panasonic SR-3NA Electric Rice Cooker is a very small and compact rice cooker that can be used regularly.
- The rice cooker consumes only 210 Watt of power and can store upto 1.5 cups of rice. Apart from this, the rice cooker also has ergonomic plastic handles that are heat proof.
- The cooker also includes a measuring cup for the exact amount of rice. The Panasonic Cooker has is equipped with automatic shut-off feature.
|The rice cooker has an aluminum inner pan with a tempered glass.||It is not preferable if you have a bigger number of family members.|
|There is a neon light indicator to let you know when it is over.|
6. Philips HL1663 1.8-Litre Electric Rice Cooker
- The Philips HL1663 1.8-Litre Electric Rice Cooker is one of the best rice cooker for regular use.
- The body is made up of stainless steel and has a white and pistil red color combination. The rice cooker has an auto-cutoff option and also can cook all types of rice.
- The Philips cooker also has an automatic keep warm function to keep the food inside warm.
- The manufacturer provides a warranty of 2 years on the product and 5 years on the coil.
|There is a starch separator plate added to the product.||The product might make some noise.|
|Cooks enough for family on the go|
5. Prestige Delight electric rice cooker-PRWOS
- The Prestige Cooker is a very professional model that helps you to cook different types of Indian rice menus.
- It consumes a power of 700 watts and has a detachable power cord. Apart from this, the rice cooker has a lid made up of stainless steel.
- It also has 2 aluminum cooking pans and it can cook 1kg of rice.
- The users can get a 1-year warranty on the product and a 5-year warranty on the coil.
|There are cool touch handles which makes it easy to grip.||The rice might stick to the bottom of cooking pan.|
|The product has 2 aluminum cooking pans.|
4. Panasonic SR-WA22H – 750 Watt Automatic Cooker Warmer
- The superb product from Panasonic is made up of metal and a stainless steel body.
- The body color is very attractive with the burgundy mix and the product is also electricity efficient.
- The material streamer is made up of polycarbonate and the pan is made up of aluminum.
- The rice cooker can easily cook 1.8 kg to 2 kg of rice. The product is easy to operate and also to clean at the same time.
|The users can get a warranty of 2 years on the product.||The rice cooker lacks a steel or non-stick pan.|
|There is a double steamer basket to steam fish and vegetables.|
3. Preethi Primo RC 311 P18 Flora 1.8-Litre Rice Cooker
- The Preethi Primo RC 311 is a multi-featured rice cooker that one can buy.
- The body is covered with a double wall of stainless steel for resisting the heat.
- It is a very powerful heater and can keep the food warm upto 4 hours.
- There is a two-way switch button which lets you decide the feature and also a steamer tray for optimum results.
|The rice cooker has an accurate thermostat control for optimum results.||There are no cons for the product.|
|The body has cooling vents for trouble-free operation.|
2. Panasonic SR-Y18FHS 0.9-Litre Automatic Rice Cooker
- This automatic rice cooker is very easy to use and also quick to clean.
- The Panasonic cooker has a convenient bridge handle along with scoop hold technology.
- There is a 4 hour keep warm technology and comes with a clear steaming basket.
- The product also has an anchor coated non-stick cooking pan for better results.
|The electric rice cooker price is an added advantage to the product.||The capacity is not so big.|
|The product comes with a 2-year manufacturer warranty.|
1. Panasonic SR-942D 10-Litre Automatic Rice Cooker
- The Panasonic SR942D is simply the best rice cooker that you can purchase for your regular usage.
- It comes with a larger capacity and also has a very challenging rice cooker price.
- Apart from this, it also has a keep warm function which helps to keep the food warm.
- The product also has an anodized aluminum coating for the pan to resist heat.
|The users can get a warranty of 2 years on the product and 5 years on the coil.||Does not have any cons.|
|The product includes automatic-shut off technology.|
What are the Different Types of Rice Cooker available in India?
Are you aware of the different types of rice cooker available in India? Well! If not, then here are the four different types of electric rice cooker available in the market.
#1. Cook and Keep Warm Cookers:
As the name suggests, this type of cookers has a feature where it will automatically switch into the “keep warm” mode once the rice is cooked. If you are having a family where people eat at different times, then it will come handy to you.
#2. Induction Heating Rice Cookers:
If you are having a high budget, then no look for none as with induction heating rice cooker you can perform all the tasks. It is in the high-end range and can cook rice perfectly by distributing the heat equally.
#3. On/Off Rice Cookers:
If you are looking for a budget-friendly rice cooker, then the best rice cooker you can think of is the On/Off Rice cooker. This kind of electric rice cooker price is also very affordable. You can cook a good amount of rice just by adding water. You can adjust the heating temperature according to your own needs.
#4. Fuzzy Logic Rice Cookers:
If you are looking for a rice cooker that will perform a variety of tasks, then fuzzy logic rice cooker is what you need. It will let you choose rice texture such as soft, firm. You can cook rice for porridge, soup as well as sushi.
Things to Consider Before Buying the Best Rice Cooker:
Before buying the best rice cooker, you need to consider certain things such as:
A digital timer is a must in case you are opting for the models with digital controls. It will help you in knowing when to switch on the electric rice cooker and how much time is left until your meal is ready.
A Stay Cool Exterior:
While the rice cooker is on, the outside of the appliance should not burn your fingers. Make sure to keep the rice cooker handles stay call before you touch it. It is always important to buy an electric rice cooker that has a cool exterior as well.
Easy to Use Controls:
The electric rice cooker those are basic comes with the one-touch option. However, the higher end models that come with digital operations must provide a user manual to get a glance at. Easy to use controls are always user-friendly. Ensure you are buying a rice cooker which has a user-friendly interface and is easy to use.
A Quick Cook Setting:
Are you opting for the most advanced models with fully equipped features? Well! In that case, make sure that your rice cooker has a quick cook setting. It will help you in cooking the rice within no time. However, such electric rice cooker price is at a higher rate than basic ones.
An Easy to Clean Bowl:
An electric rice cooker at no price point should have a non-stick coating. It makes it easy to clean with cleanser, wiper and as well as plain water. However, there are few models that come up with stainless steel microwave which is even stronger but are difficult to clean.
Measuring Cup and Rice Spatula:
One of the most important factor to look out for is whether your rice cooker comes with the rice spatula as well as a measuring cup or not. Most of the rice cookers do come with the measuring cup, however, having a rice spatula is a bonus!
If you are someone who doesn't eat anything more than rice, then you will not need this feature. However, having an option to select different modes is great.
An Automatic Keep-Warm Setting:
Rice cookers will keep your rice warm automatically. However, having an automatic keep warm setting won't be bad at all! If you are someone who needs to serve rice at a different time, then this option will save your life.
Learn more about electric rick cooker on wikipedia
What are the Things to Know Before You Buy an Electric Rice Cooker?
There are certain things to know before you buy the best rice cooker in India. Here are certain points to consider:
- How often will you cook rice? This is one of the most important questions to ask yourself. With such a wide range of rice cooker available, you need to really ask yourself how genuine a rice cook you are. If you cook rice almost daily, then you need to buy a rice cooker with acceptance of heat.
- What kind of a model you want? Are you looking for a rice cooker that does more than one job? Well! Rice cookers generally don't eat up more space and hence you can opt for a rice cooker even if you have a small kitchen. Buying an all-in-one rice cooker, in that case, will be a great choice for you.
- The next thing to consider is measuring the amount of rice you need to cook or for the number of people you want to cook rice for. Hence, a rice measuring cup is a must. So you must not forget to check out the liter of the rice cooker and according to that, the rice cooker price will vary.
Some Recipes Using Electric Rice Cooker:
Here are some of the recipes using the electric rice cooker that you can always do:
#1. Rice Cooker Crawfish Tails:
1/2 cups uncooked long grain rice
A small onion, diced
1 pound peeled crawfish tails
(14.5 ounces) can chicken broth
A green bell pepper, diced
1 tablespoon dried parsley
A bunch of green onions, diced
1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
10 ounces can diced tomatoes with green chile peppers
4 tablespoons margarine
How to Make?
Now to make this awesome and delicious dish, you need to take a large bowl and then mix the rice along with all the ingredients. Now pour the mixture into the rice cooker and cook for approximately 1 cycle for 30 minutes. Add seasonings according to your taste and you are done!
#2.Easy Rice Cooker Mac and Cheese
1 1/2 cups elbow macaroni
1/4 teaspoon paprika
3/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
salt and ground black pepper to taste
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
How to Make?
- To make mac and cheese in the rice cooker, you need to mix the macaroni, almond milk, and the chicken broth together in the rice cooker. Cook it until the macaroni becomes tender and firm to bite.
- Now stir all kinds of cheeses taken along with the paprika, pepper, and salt and add it to the macaroni mixture until the cheeses completely melt. Serve it in a bowl and you are done!
Top 10 Best Rice Cooker in India Comparison Table
Best Buy- The Panasonic SR-942D 10-Litre Automatic Rice Cooker is simply the best rice cooker that you can purchase. It has a large capacity of 2.5 L that is sufficient to fulfill every family needs.
Value For Money- If you are not living in a family of many, the Philips HL1663 1.8-Litre Electric Rice Cooker is the best one for you. It has a low rice cooker price and is very friendly to use regularly.
So this is a brief rice cooker guide along with the reviews on top 10 best rice cooker available in the market. Hope, this article will help you in choosing the best one for yourself. However, before you make a choice, ensure what kind of model you want, how will you use it etc. Go with our recommendation and you will not regret sure. Happy Shopping!